Reverend Jane and those charged with the care the congregation offer pastoral care to any friend or member of the church in need.
We are there for You:
- visiting individuals in the hospital or nursing home
- visiting individuals in assisted living or rehab center
- making phone calls expressing care and support
- sending cards or letters to those who are homebound or separated from the congregation (such as military service or jail)
- bringing communion to home- or hospital-bound individuals
- praying for those on the prayer list
- coordinating care for those with long-term care needs
- providing food for individuals or families
- keeping vigil with the loved ones of someone who is dying
In need of Pastoral Care? Let us know.
Our Prayer Shawl Ministry lets people know we care for them, we hold them in prayer and that our church is there for them. Our shawls are knit or crocheted, typically in a pattern of 3’s to signify the Trinity (God, Jesus, Holy Spirit).
Our Prayer Shawls may be given to our shut ins, to people who are ill, grieving or in a crisis situation. However, we also give them for celebrations such as for baptisms or marriages and to college students who are leaving home for the first time. They are a warm, soft collective hug from the church.